Towing can be fun, exciting and full of adventure. Learning to tow safely and with confidence requires a different skill to normal driving. A course may not teach you everything you need to know. It will provide you with basics and highlight areas where you may need to practise or do some more research. A towing course is not mandatory or essential to begin towing, but for those with little to no experience, or a bit nervous about the prospect of towing any trailer or something that may weigh in at 3500kg (3.5T) behind their much loved vehicle, it sure is a good option.
RoadSafe Training trailer course is designed for drivers who may be called upon to tow small or medium sized trailers as part of their employment or for the grey nomad who’s time to enjoy life is upon them, and they now have a magnificent second home, on wheels.
- legal aspects of towing a caravan/trailer/horse float
- safety & maintenance checks
- trailer dimensions
- loads and loading preparing for trips
- types of hitches to couple and uncouple a trailer and manoeuvre into sites
- driving and manoeuvring techniques so as to safely tow a caravan/trailer on the road safely and legally load and stabilise a caravan/trailer
- braking techniques, emergency braking
- launching and recovery of boats / jet skis
- carry out vehicle and trailer pre & post trip safety and security check inspections
- On road safe driving techniques.